Wednesday, July 28, 2010

common couponing questions

well that title sure is a tongue twister! i even had a hard time typing it out!
ok, i've been getting some questions about couponing. now, i have only been at this myself for a month or so, but bear with me. i'll do the best i can to answer some of these...and if i don't know the answers, i'll turn to some trusty resources who i know WILL have some answers!


1. can you use multiple coupons for a single item?

yes and no. you can use 1 manufacturer's coupon (MQ) per item...BUT, if you have a store coupon you can stack that on top of the MQ. example, if you have a manufacturer's coupon for cottonelle toilet paper AND Food Lion has a cottonelle coupon out, you can use BOTH for one item. but if you have 4 manufacturer's coupons, you can't use all of those on 1 item.

2. why am i still not getting GREAT deals? I'm still spending $100 a week.

yep, me too sometimes. you really have to be consistent with clipping coupons EVERY sunday...indefinitely. when looking at the southern savers website, i'm still missing LOTS of deals because i don't have coupons from back in May. I'm guessing that come October, I'll have enough coupons to really be getting all the deals that i can be.

3. is it really worth it to clip coupons for 50 cents?? why?

YES! I know it seems like "what's 50 cents? is it worth my time?" let me give you an example of a recent purchase i had. I had coupons for 50 cents off secret deoderant. Harris teeter was having a sale on secret deoderant for $1. Since Harris Teeter doubles all coupons 99 cents and under, that coupon was really worth a dollar! soooo....you guessed it! Fortunately I had 4 of those coupons (harris teeter will only double THREE coupons for the same item). So, I bought 3 deoderants, for $3...used my coupons...and they were all FREE! woohoo! Now, since that deoderant will probably go on sale in another 6-8 weeks, i will have PLENTY of deoderant to last me until the next sale (or longer :)).  See?? You never have to pay retail again! yippy! so CLIP COUPONS EVERY WEEK...it will pay off. maybe not a lot at first...but it WILL pay off eventually.

eventually, your coupons will be HIGHER than your total. for instance, i bought $19 worth of groceries from Lowe's recently and had $21 in coupons! and I bought $50 worth of groceries from Harris Teeter and my coupons were $57. And the first time you get an awesome deal...you'll be hooked!!

more questions?? leave them in the comment space below and i'll answer them ASAP!

good luck my fellow crazy couponers! :) i'm so proud of you all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails