Monday, May 24, 2010

Dirty Dozen


How adorable is this?? I saw this on one of my fave sites today (www.livefabuless.com) and just had to print it out. Ever since getting prego, I am way more aware of what i eat, where it came from, and what's in it. Not to say i don't still enjoy the occassional (more than occasional) junk food snack, but we are making some small steps towards trying to eat healthy, local, fresh, and organic. I have a list of these "dirty" and "clean" produce items on my fridge, but this is soooo much cuter!
sooooo....i printed this badboy out, folded it on the dotted line, and lamenated it!
We also joined a local co-op. I've been looking for one for a while, and a friend led me to this website www.carolinagrown.org
It services Raleigh and surrounding areas (which we thankfully fall into). you can sign up for a small, medium, or large size box. Then each week you go online, pick the produce/meat/dairy items you want, and a box gets delivered to you on the following Sunday! It's all from local farmers, and most of it's organic. The meat is pretty pricey, so we are just doing a weekly box of produce for right now.I can't WAIT to get my first box on saturday! i love the ease of this idea, that i can order as i want (no commitment), and that it helps me stay on budget with my grocery bills! SAWEEEEET! I'll let you all know how it goes. and if you're in the raleigh area, check it out!
later tators
tori

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I've never heard of this list before! I think I'll print it out too...thanks sweetie for sharing it!

Christine said...

That is a cute cheat sheet.

It's so frustrating though because I can never find half of that stuff organic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails