Friday, February 26, 2010

Forgotten God


I have been

DYING

to read this book. EVERYONE I know is reading it....so of course I have to read it too, right??? :) So our good friends Heath and Jodi let me borrow their copy recently. Now I don't have a TON of extra time to read these days {{as you can imagine, I'm sure!}} but I opened the book and read just a few paragraphs

WOW!! TALK ABOUT CONVICTION!!

I can hardly put it down. It's something every believer should read. I'm going to do some posts about what I'm learning over the next week or so, so if you're interested at all...follow up on my blog! Here's just a small excerpt from the back of the book:

"POWERFUL.

When is the last time someone used that word to describe you?

It doesn't make sense that Almighty God would have children characterized by fear and insecurty. He put His Spirit in us so we could be known for our power (Acts 1:8, 2 Tim 1:7). Sadly, most believers and churches are known for talent or intellect rather than supernatural power. What's worse is that we're okay with it."

Francis Chan
Forgotten God - reversing our tragic neglect of the Holy Spirit

Want more?? ME TOO!! I can't wait to dive in

2 comments:

Emily W said...

Im reading the "Crazy Love" book of his! Its amazingly powerful too but unfortunatly Im like you and dont have a lot of time to read these days. I hope you finish it soon, Good Luck!

Debbie said...

sounds like a good 1 tori!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails