Monday, May 18, 2009

Changes Changes Everywhere

Have I mentioned that this is totally a year of change for us?? I mean, it's crazy.

We are now all settled into our new (not so new) house. It really worked out so perfectly. We're kind of "house sitting" until our house is done. Sure, we have no cable, no microwave, no dishwasher and no garbage disposal, but it's really a humbling experience. I'm starting to believe I should win some kind of Wife of the Year award for continuing my duties in these extreme circumstances :) I do love the quiet of the country, delicious well water, and being able to see a billion stars in the sky (I've always loved the stars), but I'm not so fond of the bugs, the septic system we are struggling with, and the "long drive" when we need to "go to town." But my favorite part.......

NO CABLE!! Dean has nothing to do but hang out and talk to me :) And I love it! We spend more time with eachother, more time with the Lord, and more time getting things done instead of being lazy. I hope we never get cable again...I'm sure I won't get so lucky. My jewelry business has been booming (click here to check it out) and Dean's super busy with building the new house. All in all, everything is going great! I have zero complaints about this pregnancy (in fact, I'm still in my pre-pregnancy clothes!!), we're both getting used to our new surroundings (chickens crossing the road and all), and the house is coming along nicely. Why the heck is God so good to us??? I really don't know.

I'll update with some pics soon!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the "new" place! I hope we get out to see you both (and the stars) soon! Love you!

Theresa said...

Wait until full summer, you can see the Milky Way and it almost looks like you can reach out and touch it. The things you miss right now will be things you don't even know you miss in a couple of weeks, washing the dishes by hand actually taking the garbage out, etc. etc. etc... Enjoy this time, it took me back to childhood, I think it will for you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails