Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10

I woke up at 7:15 this morning to God saying "get up and praise Me." Really Lord?? At 7:15am on a Saturday!!??

One of the things I've learned through this fast, is that I don't want to offer God anything that isn't a sacrifice (the words of David). And trust me, it's a sacrifice for me to get up this early in the mornning on the weekend. Quite often I find myself fitting God into my day. I say things like "well, I have 20 minutess free, maybe I'll read my Bible." Or, "I'll take my Bible on the road with me and if I get some free time I'll read it." I don't want to offer God my leftovers. I want to offer Him all I have to give, a sacrifice, because He made the ultimate sacrifice.

Another thing I've learned from this journey is that I don't want to get to the end of my life and look back and say "I've wasted it." God created us for more than just to get a degree, get a job, and get a house. I've learned that fasting isn't about not eatting. It isn't about spending more time in prayer or learning to face temptation and succeed. It's about saving me. Saving me from a life of complacency. Saving me from a life where I've fulfilled all my dreams, but not the dreams God has for me. Saving me from a life where I've succeeded at everything I've ever wanted to, but failed at finding out what God wanted me to do. At the same time, it's not about me at all. It's about not asking "what's God's Will for my life?" but instead asking "How can I be the Will of God to the world?" It's about showing me how to truly rely on God. It's about forcing me to my knees to seek His face when all I want to do it eat. It's about Him showing me His awsome power and sweet mercy. It's about seeking Him and finding Him, when you seek Him with all your heart. I never see God more clearly or hear God more loudly, than when I am fully relying on Him as my life line. I've come to love finding my nourishment by eatting only out of the hand of God.

I now know of 27 people that have done some kind of fast for the New Year! Awsome!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails