Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tired





What a hectic few days it has been. Christmas eve: Dean's parents. Christmas Day: my parents. The next day, we drove all the way to Ohio to meet my mom's side of the family at Atwood for a night. Then up the next day to go further north (Dean was not happy about going further away from home) to stay with my grandparents on the other side for a few days. THEN, we turned around and came home Monday morning....wheeeeew....I'm exhausted. Dean was not happy about the car ride, but he was a good sport. I feel very blessed to have such an amazing husband. A lot of people won't go somewhere if they don't want to, but my husband died-to-self and made the self-sacrificing trip with me. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man :)We went to the football hall of fame as his reward.


The trip was worth it. My mom's side of the family has 89 members and I didn't even know a lot of them!! Although we didn't get to meet everyone that I didn't know, we did get to meet most of them. It's been around 8 years since I had been back to Ohio for Christmas! A lot had changed!

Here's a pic of a few of us at dinner with a some of my cousins. My family was so happy to finally meet Dean! The boys hung out and played poker while the girls played with all the new babies!


I also got to see my best friend since 2nd grade, Kristen! Here is a pic of us with her son, Elijah.


It was a great trip but I'm glad to be home! I'm happy Dean had a good time...maybe I can talk him into going back... :)

2 comments:

Derek and Katie said...

It was great to see you guys! Now we gotta plan a long weekend down there with you!

Tori said...

Yes!! Maybe sometime in April/May you guys can come down for a weekend. You boys can golf and us girls can hit up the famous Pinehurst spa :)That would be awsome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails