Thursday, December 18, 2008

It Doesn't Have to End!

While I think we all tend to be more generous during this giving time of year, I know there are some who like to give all year round! If that's you, I wanted to share with you a couple of opportunities to spread God's love around the world.

Through Christian Children's Fund, I have been sponsoring a little girl in Brazil named Cicera. I started my relationship with her and her family when she was 2, and last month she turned 9!! Let me tell you, it has been an amazing journey. To see this little girl grow, learn about what she likes/dislikes, get pictures and letters...I really feel like I've become a part of her life and her a part of mine. She has brothers and sisters and they live off of her dad's income of what would be equivelant to $11/month in America. For more info on this ministry, go to www.christianchildrensfund.org
Compassion International also has an awsome program like this! check them out at www.compassion.com

I also have an aunt and uncle who are full-time missionaries with The Jesus Film Project. They are based in Orlando, FL, and travel all around the world sharing the message of Jesus in different languages through this film. You can learn more about them at www.thewaids.com

Christmas is an awsome time of year to open our hearts to others, but it definitely doesn't have to stop there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails