Monday, October 27, 2008

The Shack - Book Review

First things first...this book is fiction. The main character, his experience, and the story line are a not true. However, the emotions and conversations with God are real. William Young wanted to record his relationship with God in a way that his six children would understand...hence, The Shack.

But, this book is life changing. It really helps show Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in such a way that will revolutionalize your relationship with Him. I laughed, I cried, and I took lots of notes. We spend so much time analyzing life, trying to follow rules, worrying about our situations, and harboring angry feelings towards God and others, that we tend to miss the big picture - having a relationship with Jesus. If you desire to know God on a whole new level, and in a very down-to-earth way, you should read this book.

BUT...you won't be able to read this book without your heart getting involved! Be prepared!

If you have read this book, or you end up reading it, leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

tori

3 comments:

sbeasley said...

I just finished reading this book actually - it was AMAZING!

Jessica said...

I just finished this book as well. I don't know if I found it that enlightening. I mean it was a good 'fiction' novel. But that is really all it was for me. I'm glad you loved it though, I've heard all kinds of mixed reviews on it.

Eden said...

I read it in like a day. I love it. so enlightening. it made me see God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in a totally different way

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails