Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Bride Wore White

Isaiah 61:10
I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

I was reminded of this verse at a good friends wedding this past weekend. She looked so beautiful, perfect, and radiant on this special day that was all hers. And the way her husband-to-be looked at her was priceless!

Later that night, after the event had ended, I started thinking that that's exactly how we are viewed in Jesus' eyes. We wear the garments of salvation, a robe of righteousness, and are adorned with jewels. Everyday Jesus sees us just as this groom was seeing his bride come down the aisle.

I think satan views us the same way...as sons and daughters to the Most High King, adorned with jewels and crowns and the glory of the Creator..and I bet he trembles. What an awsome feeling.

1 comment:

pinkcoffee photoart said...

This gave me goosebumps...good ones! Thanks for sharing it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails